Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Obedience = Blessing

It was year 1998 when one family came to San Jose City from Baguio City. They were carried by trucks and jeepneys, the family and many of their friends. They brought with them their valuables and things ready to transfer to San Jose City. They found a place to stay in temporarily; there was a friend who accommodated them for several days. For the first week of their stay in San Jose City, it was black out all over the city, it was pretty hard for them (knowing that they are from a cooler place). The family that was sent to San Jose City is no other than my family.
I was 6 years old when we came here. There was no Jollibee, no cold and fresh air, and the water was warm that when we take a bath we used to put in some ice on the water pale. Those was my problems that time, but while I was trying to overcome those little problems, I did not know what my parents are going through. They left our business in Baguio, we had just enough money for a few days' food. Some relatives from Pampanga sent their help and support for our family, and from those, we had enough resources to move in another house: smaller, yet we can call "ours". After months of the stay, my parents planned to put up a business, with the help of some relatives. They started a school named St. John's Academy, which only accommodates preschool and grades 1,2, and 3. After few years, it was expanded into preschool and complete elementary. Presently, we have hundreds of students from preschool to high school. Looking back at what we've been through, I can testify of God's greatness in my family. We just have to learn to follow wherever He leads us, swallow whatever He feeds us, and just be partners with Him.

No comments: